Friday, 12 September 2014

Just something that kind of struck me whilst I was on the bus home from college, I'm not used to writing poetry so this was a weird experience.

Long roads, stretching out
endless strips of tarmac and dotted lines.
How I wish I could be home
where the sweet smell of you resides.

Passing fields, green and brown
cows and sheep graze in herds.
I feel so alone on this road
without your smile and your laughter.

The lights of the city, bright and colourful
remind me of the stars in the sky.
I wonder if you watch them too
they give me comfort like your sweet whispers.

A simple text, three words in bold
the room feels empty without you here.
Cold and passive like our world
when we are countries apart.

Sunrise in my city, early afternoon in yours
rain and wind here whilst you have snow.
Forever waiting for the day
that I can return to your embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment